FUN FRIDAY FASHION FACTS
A fun light post of fashion facts for all my fashionista’s on this first Friday of June. We have another busy weekend, heading up to my brother’s cottage in Goderich on Saturday and then shopping in Buffalo with my BFF on Sunday. I am very excited for lounging on the sunny deck on Saturday and scoring some new items I cannot live without Sunday.
- The four major fashion capitals of the world are New York, London, Milan, and Paris. Each city holds fashion shows twice, in February and September.
- It was not acceptable for women to wear shorts in public until World War II.
- The price of clothing has decreased by 8.5% since 1992, even when adjusted for inflation.
- Men’s shirts button on the right, and women’s on the left.
- Over a lifetime, an American woman will spend $125,000 on clothes. 3,000 items—271 pairs of shoes, 185 dresses, and 145 bags. Well at least I am not alone.
- Both the pencil skirt and the A-line skirt were designed by Frenchman Christian Dior, who is singlehandedly credited with inspiring 1950s fashion.
- The fashion industry generates an average revenue of $20 billion each year.
- A Sneakerhead is someone who collects shoes. Well just call me sneakerhead, but I think a better alternative would be a StilettoSoul…just sayin’.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for taking the time out of your very busy lives to read my little blog. Muah!
Your friend in fashion…amy.