MY OUTRIGHT LUST & LOVE FOR LIPSTICK
The most frequently asked question I receive is without fail about my lipstick. Sometimes it is the colour (I am always rocking a very bold lip) other times it is in regards to application and longevity.
In this post I am going to share my lipstick rituals, it is simpler than you might imagine. It is all about the products…and believe me I have tried them all! From Chanel to Stila to Kat Von D…nothing has worked better for me than Rimmel Provocalips 16 Hour Kiss Proof Lip Colour. Since my amazing sister-in-law introduced me to this product I have been in love.
- I always buff my lips with a dry washcloth before application (nothing more unattractive than flaky lips!).
- I apply a tiny amount of Smith’s Rosebud Salve. This salve is the bomb! I use it nightly on my lips and cuticles and it literally smells like roses.
- I pick my Rimmel colour of the day and at this point you need to work very quickly and never stop halfway through application, it dries fast and it sticks like a tattoo. Apply a nice large sweep on your bottom lip and muah your lips together to get the perfect crisp line on your lower lip. Then quickly outline your cupids bow in two sweeps. Do not muah your lips together after top lip application, it equals disaster!
- Now let it dry for a few minutes and apply a little more of the rosebud salve and one lastmuah and it will not budge for the entire day…no matter what you eat drink or kiss. Wink, wink!
- To remove I use this Fresh Sugar Lip Polish to banish all lip colour and exfoliate your lips at the same time. A little more rosebud salve and nighty nite.
Well that is my secret revealed. It only takes a few minutes and I never carry lipstick in my purse, seriously it never needs retouching! What are your favourite lipstick rituals?
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.
Your friend in fashion…amy.